Retargeting can be a little confusing. Have you ever been shopping online for something that you don’t really need? Maybe a pair of shoes? As you are picturing those magnificent shoes on your feet with the perfect suit while speaking at the Mortgage Mastermind Summit, something in your brain tells you that you do not need the shoes and you close the browser.
In a typical retail store scenario, you pick up the shoes, your brain says no, you put the shoes down and you walk out the store. Out of sight, out of mind and you do not buy the shoes.
Fast forward from the brick and mortar retail shopping experience to the click and order eCommerce shopping experience.
Here is an example: as you’re scrolling through Facebook the next day – there they are again! IT’S THOSE SHOES. Are they following me?
The way that we shop for everything is changing and there are infinite choices for anything. This includes mortgage loans. It takes 6 to 8 touches to generate a viable sales lead. To go from lead to application to funding? This is the largest transactions that most Americans will experience.
Here is why you need to implement Retargeting right now:
- It works. Those shoes follow you around the internet until you purchase them. You too can follow the borrower around the internet until they apply with you.
- People become familiar with your brand fast. In the mortgage industry – you are your brand.
- It segments your audience based on their behaviors so you can create more relevant ads.
Here is how you implement Free Retargeting using Facebook for your LenderHomePage website:
- Log into your Facebook Ads Manager (It’s in that upside down triangle on the top right of your screen. Click that and look towards the bottom. Yes – click Manage Ads.)
- Top Left of the screen it says Facebook Ads. Click that and then Audiences.
- The blue button that says Create Audience – click that and then Custom Audience.
- Select Website Traffic
- Select your Target Audience from the Dropdown Menu.
- Click Create Audience
- To obtain the pixel – click the New Audience that you just created and then click Actions > View Pixel.
PRO TIP: It’s only about 10 lines of code. If you’re downloading folders, digging around and there’s a lot happening, stop and start over.
- Log into your LHP Dashboard
- Click Settings > Analytics
- Paste code
If you’ve been wondering how you can compete with the guerrilla marketing campaigns of Rocket Mortgage, retargeting is it!
Retargeting is a way to repeatedly expose your offer to a prospect who was already interested (remember, they were already on your mortgage website!). Seeing your highly targeted ad will warm them up to you, build brand familiarity and trust, and ultimately provoke them to convert into a mortgage prospect.
Have more questions on how to use your mortgage website to generate mortgage leads? Explore the blog and set up a live demo with one of our helpful account reps.